July 2018 - On Wednesday, July 11, CityHealth will join with the de Beaumont Foundation and Kaiser Permanente to host the Plenary Session: Unleashing the Power of Policy at the National Associaltion of County and City Health Officials Annual Conference in New Orleans.
Time: 8:00 am – 10:00 am
- Colleen Bridger, MPH, PhD, Director, San Antonio Health District
- Andre Quintero, Mayor, El Monte, CA
- Sarah Martin, PhD, MPP, MPH, Deputy Director, City of Kansas City, MO Health Department
- Bechara Choucair, MD, Chief Community Health Officer, Kaiser Permanente
- Catherine Patterson, MPP, Senior Program Officer, de Beaumont Foundation
Can't make it? We will live tweet the session from @city_health.
June 2018 - At the 86th Annual Meeting of the U.S. Conference of Mayors in Boston, CityHealth held a medal ceremony to celebrate the cities that show the greatest commitment to policymaking that supports the health and quality of life of their residents over the past year.
The U.S. Conference of Mayors unanimously passed a resolution in support of city leaders who pursue CityHealth policies. Read the text of the resolution here.
City leaders from Boston, Chicago, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Louisville, New York City, San Antonio, and Seattle were honored by President of CityHealth, Shelley Hearne, CEO of the de Beaumont Foundation, Brian Castrucci, and Senior Vice President and Community Health Officer of Kaiser Permanente, Bechara Choucair.
See photos of the ceremony below, which took place at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum.