On Wednesday, April 1, from 4:00- 5:30 p.m. ET, our President, Shelley Hearne, moderated a panel with our partners Trust for America’s Health and the Public Health Institute discussing the critical importance of earned sick leave laws that protect everyone—during our current COVID-19 crisis and beyond.
The webinar speakers included:
- Shelley Hearne, DrPH, President, CityHealth, moderator
- John Auerbach, MBA, President and CEO, Trust for America’s Health, moderator
- Georges Benjamin, MD, Executive Director, American Public Health Association, panelist
- Debra Ness, President, National Partnership for Women & Families, panelist
- Rev. Marvin Owens Jr., Senior Director, Economic Department of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, panelist
During this 90-minute webinar, they explored:
- How earned sick leave, and other evidence-based policies, can help combat the spread of infectious diseases like COVID-19
- Pending federal legislation, cities and states that have adopted laws regarding earned sick leave, and businesses that are expanding these benefits, and
- The potential short-term uses of the recently approved supplemental budget to assist individuals without paid leave when confined to their home.